Spicy... Numbing, 2 words that come to mind when we think of Sichuan food. This classic dish with mince and beans is a fantastic way to bring something new to your weeknight dinner list.
Only going to need a few things for this one
- 500g Chicken or Pork Mince
- 2 TBS Streets of Sichuan
- ¼ cup Dark Soy Sauce
- 200g Green Beans
- Rice to serve
Follow these spicy steps
- Start off by steaming your rice, don’t know how to do it? Probably best you google it. Once you're ready to start though get a wok on high heat (a frying pan will work) and add a wizzle wazzle of oil, brown your mince making sure to break it into small pieces.
- After about 5 minutes you should be good to turn the heat down to a Med to High heat, sprinkle in the Sichuan rub and add the beans
- Cook out for another couple of minutes, constantly moving looking like a t.v chef with flames and food flying so that you don’t burn anything
- Now add in the soy sauce and drop the heat just a touch. Cook out for another couple of minutes until the liquid has almost all reduced down
That is all there is to do. Just serve with a side of rice, maybe wok toss some Asian greens like Bok choy, or choy sum if you really want.