My goodness we have an un-healthy obsession with chicken wings. Over the years we would say we have mastered them, no deep frying involved.
Here are our tips and tricks for getting the perfect chicken wings at home.
- Pan fry the wings with a little oil on a very high heat until golden. Not fully cooked through but just brown the skin.
- Don't put any sauce or rub on the wings at this point, Just plain chicken
- After the wings have been browned off, toss them in a bowl with your favourite spice rub or sauce.
- Then simply place onto a tray and put into the oven at 200c for about 15 minutes.
- Take you chicken wings out and put them into a bowl just as you did before. Give them a second coating of your rub or sauce.
- Turn the oven up to 220c and cook them for another 10 minutes.
- That's all there is too it. Depending on the sauce or rub used we sometimes like to give them a third coating just before we serve them.
The trick of doing multiple coats always makes for a crunchy full flavoured wing. Of course times will vary based on how big the chicken wings are and how good your oven is so use these tips as a guideline only.
Some of our go to sauces and rubs for the quick and easy are:
- Memphis dry rub
- Ragin Cajun
- Streets Of Sichuan
- Franks Hot Sauce
- BBQ Sauce ( Sweet Baby Rays is great if you cant be bothered making your own)
- Hoisin sauce