Here we have our incredible Shawarma-Rama Spice Rub working its magic!
Any cut of lamb will work. We suggest something that slow roast's well, like a shoulder, shanks or better yet lamb necks (don't knock it 'til you try it!)..
A little piece of advice. Recipes are more like guidelines so just keep that in mind and have fun.
To begin preheat your oven to 165c.
- Grab you shoulder or which ever cut of meat you have chosen, and give it a good splash of olive oil. Next grab your pack of Shawarma-Rama goodness and generously coat the meat. Making sure to massage the rub in good and proper... The kind of massage that would make your partner jealous! Make sure you leave a little of the spice rub for later.
- If you have the time, let the lamb marinate overnight. But any amount of time will do. Or just put it straight in.
- When you're ready, place the lamb into a deep tray, cover with foil and place into the oven. Now in regards to timing; this will all depend on your oven, the size of the meat etc. For a 1.5 to 2kg lamb shoulder we would suggest starting with about 4 to 5 hours. Basically you want the meat to be falling off the bone. Yum!
- After what will seem like an eternity of waiting, take the lamb out and remove the foil. Smells seriously good hey?! If the meat is ready then it should be falling off the bone. If it needs longer, just wrap her up and back in she goes. Once the meat is ready, grab that little bit of spice rub we left from earlier and give the lamb a fresh sprinkling.
- Now turn your oven up to about 200c and place the lamb back in. Sit back and watch as the magic happens. the meat will crisp up, and caramelize perfectly. this should take around 15 to 20 minutes. But it's best to just keep an eye on it.
Once you're happy with the colour, take the lamb out and we are good to go! It should look something like this bad boy. Delish!
To serve simply grill some pita, grab some hommus, greens or salad and you're ready to experience the Shawarma-Rama baby!!