Pan fried Cajun Barramundi with potato rosti
Who doesn’t love a stunning fresh piece of barramundi? Now what can possibly make that piece of fish better? Our Ragin’ Cajun that’s what. Adding a serious kick of fiery Cajun goodness. This time we have paired it with some crispy potato rosti and chorizo. Give this easy-to-follow recipe a try.
What you need:
- Barramundi 2 portions as big or little as you like
- Ragin’ Cajun 2 tsp
- Potato 350g
- Chorizo x 1
- 1 egg
- Parmesan cheese
- Greens of your choice (we like asparagus)
What you need to do:
- Start off by grating all your potato and squeezing out all the extra juice. Then place into a bowl with the egg, a handful of parmesan cheese, a sprinkle of chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle some oil in you pan and put onto a med to high heat, then start to fry off your potato mix. Just keep an eye on it, don’t over crowd your pan. You want it to fry and go crispy! When it’s done just place onto some paper towel to drain excess oil
- Next up grab your fishy. Using a paper towel make sure to dry the fish, then sprinkle a teaspoon of Cajun and rub it all over
- On a medium heat drizzle some oil into your pan. Place skin side down first. Depending on your portion you might need to press down to keep it flat. Give the barra about 2 to 3 minutes then give it a flippy and turn the heat down to a low to med. *chef tip: Cajun is a light herby rub so it can burn easily. This is normal for Cajun, so just keep an eye on it and adjust heat as needed.
- After another few minutes flip back over and add in a good whack of butter, and a squeeze of lemon. Give it a minute for all the flavours to come together, an extra sprinkle of salt it you're into that and then turn off and let it rest for a minute.
- Now as always, timing will differ depending on how big and fat your fish is, but for what we would say is a normal portion in less than 10 minutes your Barra will be cooked to perfection.
- Now just chop up and fry your chorizo and cook your greens however you like. We love our pan-fried asparagus. But you could serve with beans, broccoli, broccolini, spinach, okra. Anything green and healthy really. Or just be a fatty, make the barramundi and go buy some chips from charcoal chicken because well... they are amazing.
And that’s it, you’ve got one spicy little fishy boy ready to be devoured. Now what are you waiting for? Go get some Ragin in your life.